Yesterday I glued the now bent skin onto bottom of rudder, and stapled in place. After removal of staples and a little fairing filler, here is how it looks.
After making a template of the plywood needed for the skin repair, cutting the plywood out, then soaking overnight, I clamped the plywood to the rudder with straps. Now wait for the ply to dry out.
I have been working on the rudder / brake controls over the last couple of months. I am using a modified design, which was originally made by Rob in Perth. My friend Roger and I pooled resources, and got the parts together. Roger got all the flat parts water jet cut. I got all the tube.
I begun the assembly process by cutting all the tube to the correct length. Then I made a jig to keep the parts still while I tack welded them. See the photo.